Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How to Care for Introverts


I saw this and could so relate to it.  I'm an introvert.  My husband is an introvert.  My daughter is an introvert.  We're a family of introverts.






But I think people misunderstand introverts.  They think introverts are shy and don't like being around people.  When in reality they just need a lot of private time and space.

People are surprised when I tell them I'm an introvert because I'm not all that shy and I love being around people.  But I also love my space and time to myself.  As a matter of fact I need time to myself or I start feeling very overwhelmed.

When I read this to my sixteen year old daughter we had to laugh because this is so her.  It fits her to a T.

So the next time you think a person is just "unsocialable" or "stuck up" ( I used to get this a lot because I used to be very shy) think again.  They may just be an introvert.  Or maybe very shy.

Just remember that introverts just need their space and down time.













No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...