Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Day in the life of ... me

This is what we awoke to this morning.  Snow!



  But it didn't stick.  Then we had to take this guy to the vet.



He wasn't a happy camper.  He's been throwing up and his little butt was all swollen.  It looks like he has hemeroids.  Poor guy.  Don't worry, I didn't take pictures.  You're welcome.  

The vet said he was constipated and gave him a hairball remover/laxative to take for a few days.  And because he's had this type of problem before she told us to give him canned pumpkin,  one tablespoon once a week.  We've done that for our dog before and pumpkin works really great.  Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon.



While we were in town we made a pass by the grocery store to see if any Girls Scouts were out selling cookies.  We finished our boxes already.  We were in luck.  A very nice group of very cute Girl Scouts were out selling so we bought these.



My daughter was a Girl Scout for almost nine years and I must say Girl Scout cookies taste much better when you don't have hundreds of boxes sitting in your living room waiting to be sold.  I got a little burned out on Girl Scout cookies, but it's been a few years and I'm in love with them again.

Around 1:00 everyday I walk down to the barn to feed lunch.  I feed three times a day.  It's better for the horses and I enjoy seeing them.  Come along with me today.



Of course here comes Abby to meet me.




We'll follow her down to the barn.



And here come the other girls, Gracie and Emma.


The horses are glad to see us.




Once we get in the barn we're greeted by Chase and Skyler.  Here they are playing the bitey game with each other.




I guess Skyler gave up.  Chases waits for his lunch.


What a handsome boy. And he stays so clean.  He hates the mud.



Skyler on the other hand loves the mud.  She's like a mud seeking missile.  She loves to roll in it.  And this is her clean side.


Speaking of mud, I think I'm losing the war on mud this year again.  We really need a little bit of drier weather.  Here's Chase's paddock.  His is really bad.  For some reason he is just harder on hog fuel than Skyler.  He breaks it down really fast.



Here is Skyler's.  Her is pretty bad, too but it never seems to get as bad as Chase's.

  

The weather was nice while down at the barn.  Clear, but cold.





My rain gauge is almost full.  I track the rain each month.  Feb. has had about 5 inches I think.  Almost time to dump it and start fresh for March.  



Time to take off my barn boots and head inside to get warmed up.  




Hope you enjoyed spending time with us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...